*THANK YOU FOR VISITING KATESLT. I AM NOT CURRENTLY TAKING ON ANY NEW CLIENTS.*
I studied BSc Human Communication (Speech and Language Therapy) at the De Montfort University, Leicester, graduating with honours in 1997.
During my career I have worked in a variety of settings including community clinics, mainstream schools, special schools, nurseries, preschools and in family homes. Now based in Poole, Dorset, I offer a therapy service to individual children at home and to schools who wish to buy in speech and language therapy services. I am an ICAN licensee and am available to give Talk Boost training to primary school and preschool staff.
I offer assessment, advice and therapy for:
- attention and listening skills
- children who are late to start talking
- difficulty with speech sounds
- difficulty understanding and/or using spoken language
- Developmental Language Disorder (DLD)
- interaction and non verbal communication
- understanding ambiguous language (e.g. idioms)
- Autistic Spectrum Disorder (ASD) including Asperger’s Syndrome
- chromosomal and developmental conditions
As a mother of two I understand the importance of ensuring that therapy sessions are fun, advice is practical and home practice ideas are both realistic and achievable for busy parents. I am a registered member of the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC), the Royal College of Speech and Language Therapists (RCSLT)and the Association of Speech and Language Therapists in Independent Practice (ASLTIP).